Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Guatemala, Part 8


Here is the continuing story of our mission trip to Guatemala. . .

Sunday (7/28/2013)

No matter what I think, coming home from the mission field is always hard. At church on Sunday, I felt like I was walking in a daze (that may have been because I had gone to bed at 1 a.m. the night before. J) It’s so hard to function when your mind is somewhere else. While it felt good to be home, there’s always a period of time when you feel completely out of place.

This afternoon, we all sat around in the den and looked through tons of pictures and videos. I also passed out everyone’s gifts. Mom’s turned out to be a real problem. Somehow, both bags of coffee beans broke open. I had quite a shock when I opened up my suitcase and found coffee beans everywhere! That suitcase will smell like a coffee shop for quite awhile now. J

The gifts I brought back.
We also introduced the family to the wonderful world of Chiky cookies. J
Wednesday (7/31/13)

I feel like I’m yet again having to rush through a process. I don’t feel that I’ve had time to sit and really process the trip because I have to turn my attention to planning the final details for my upcoming graduation party. I just want time to sit, think, meditate, and pray about what I experienced.

This trip has torn my heart because I’ve fallen in love with yet another country. It has rekindled my love for Latin America. Maybe Haiti was only a launching pad. God seems to have given me a love for the world. Maybe I was created to have no “home” on earth. Maybe I was created to travel and minister in different parts of the world.

The difficult but necessary next step with my future in missions is surrender. As for Guatemala, I have to rest in God’s hands. He will show me the next step in His perfect timing. I just need to wait for His leading and look for the doors He opens. Meanwhile I need to serve Him right where He has placed me.

I’m so glad I had the opportunity to go on this trip! I look forward to seeing the reasons why God took me there!


To be continued . . .


No comments: